promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why is the sky blue?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Guys i've been saying this all this time, it's because of the illuminati! Wake up sheepole! They use the anal probes at the flat earther conventios to suck all of the water out of our bodies to produce Sky Juice! I've seen it with my own eyes! I've even tasted the sky juice! It tastes like pebbles and raisins, not good! Have you heard about the new "Sky Bye" trend? Cofe chains like starbucks are making a new cofe called the sky bye that makes water evaporate from your body instantly into the iluminatti reaserch base! DON'T DRINK COFFEE/ GO TO FLAT EARTHER CONVENTIONS! We all know the earth is flat! There is absolutley no need to go there!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I heard it’s a reflection of the ocean 🌊  but idk 😐 🌌 

• 2 months ago

Nitrogen. Most of the atmosphere is nitrogen.🤔

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is because the earth is shaped like a donut. The sky is actually the ocean above you, and the ocean is blue. I know this sounds unbelievable, but it is totally 100% legit and true, not a joke at all.

Source(s): Science
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Its the earth atmospear.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Same as the last 90,000 plus times this has been asked.

• 2 months ago

The Sun's rays become refracted by coming through the Gases in our Atmosphere

Which acts as a medium for it, just as a Prism or Water does it

As in a Prism, the light gets bent twice

This shortens the wavelength of the Visible Light into the Blue Wavelength

A Scientist called Lord Rayleigh first described it

It is known as Rayleigh Scattering in his honour

Attachment image
    Source(s): Lord Rayleigh
  • 2 months ago

The molecules of gases in our atmosphere scatter sunlight; the color scattered the most without being absorbed is blue - that's what we see. When the sun is down, although the same effect is true for starlight, it's so dim that we can't detect the blue. So, the atmosphere appears to be clear to our eye.

The effect is called "Rayleigh scattering."

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

B'coz the sea is green.

• JonZ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sunlight reaches Earth's atmosphere and is scattered in all directions by all the gases and particles in the air. Blue light is scattered more than the other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.