Why are some people sensitive to the phrase "you're not my type"?

Yourenotmytyphobia, it's a real thing

Source(s): My doctor, Nick Ligma Gears, wassup dud, if you reading this les smash donigh boiiii
  • ?

If they are black 

• Zapata

It's not the phrase they object to, it's the sentiment implied by it, which is "I don't like people like you."

• lovely

When you love someone and she thinks you arent her type, you will undertand how it feels!

its similar to 'you are not the right fit'  or 'we dont think this role is suitable for you'.

because somebody else is making that claim and not showing you the process and methods they used to reach to that conclusion.

if i said 'i do not believe you are cut out for this role, perhaps you ought to consider a more junior role instead' id need to back it up, what was my process and methods i used to reach to that conclusion ? am i just saying it ? 

so thats why people can get offended when they're told 'you are not my type'.

• GA41

Because it infers that you are deficient in some quality and that deficiency makes you unacceptable to me.  This is quite offensive to a sensitive, insecure person.  It may also sting a person who is confident in themselves.

Maybe because they are emotionally insecure about the phrase

cause they want to be your type

Because it is a form of rejection. No one likes to be rejected especially by someone they are attracted to.

• patty

it is quite a rude thing to say. there are better ways to do this.

• patty

just say your not interested. U don't want to tell a girl this as she will internalise it and think what is wrong with me.