promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are some people sensitive to the phrase "you're not my type"?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yourenotmytyphobia, it's a real thing

Source(s): My doctor, Nick Ligma Gears, wassup dud, if you reading this les smash donigh boiiii
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

If they are black 

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It's not the phrase they object to, it's the sentiment implied by it, which is "I don't like people like you."

• lovely
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

When you love someone and she thinks you arent her type, you will undertand how it feels!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

its similar to 'you are not the right fit'  or 'we dont think this role is suitable for you'.

because somebody else is making that claim and not showing you the process and methods they used to reach to that conclusion.

if i said 'i do not believe you are cut out for this role, perhaps you ought to consider a more junior role instead' id need to back it up, what was my process and methods i used to reach to that conclusion ? am i just saying it ? 

so thats why people can get offended when they're told 'you are not my type'.

• GA41
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because it infers that you are deficient in some quality and that deficiency makes you unacceptable to me.  This is quite offensive to a sensitive, insecure person.  It may also sting a person who is confident in themselves.

• 2 months ago

Maybe because they are emotionally insecure about the phrase

• 2 months ago

cause they want to be your type

• 2 months ago

Because it is a form of rejection. No one likes to be rejected especially by someone they are attracted to.

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

it is quite a rude thing to say. there are better ways to do this.

• ...Show all comments
    • patty
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

just say your not interested. U don't want to tell a girl this as she will internalise it and think what is wrong with me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.