Esta visa?

Hiya, I plan on travelling to the us, but was wondering if I could travel alone and If the ESTA would still be valid? I’m 17, planning on visiting family but I will be getting the plane alone, are there any rules against a 17 year old flying alone or any problems with my ESTA Visa due to my age? Travelling from UK to US. Thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

No problem if you are traveling to visit family.  The only problem would be if you were planning to stay in hotels or hostels since the minimum check-in age is 18. 

All airlines allow passengers age 17 to travel unaccompanied. No permission letter needed.

You should have your parents write a letter authorizing your family in the USA to act on their behalf in the event you need medical treatment.  The letter should be notarized and needs to specify names & contact information.

Unless your home medical insurance covers you in the USA you should get travel medical insurance. Your airline will sell it. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No one is travelling at the present time, wait until the corona virus is over.

• W.T. Door
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Actually, there are still many commercial airlines operating flights.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.