Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 5 months ago

What kind of benefits would I be entitled to?

I am 22, unemployed for a month due to serious mental health issues, live at home with parents but pay £300 rent every month. I have £15,000 in savings. Will DWP find out about my savings if I show just my current account which only has £0.01 I only want some benefits for a couple months until the virus clears up and I can go and get a job. Only reason I left my job was because I was bullied, hated the job and because of my mental health issues making it worse for me to do my job. I wanted to spend a month focusing on improving my mental health then get a job...but I cant now.

@Maxi u idiot. I have to pay rent to my parents!

I hope you never get mental health problems because you just don't know how it feels like. It's not something people can switch on and off! I have tried medication but it was doing me more harm than good.

• F

Probably nothing as you were stupid enough to save some money instead of spending down the pub or betting shop.

• pmt853

You only had £12,000 when you last posted this. Try to be more consistent.

• Maxi

You mean try to commit benefit fraud? You live at home, you pay 'board' not rent as you do not have a signed rental agreement......and nothing stops you getting your mental health sorted out regardless of the virus

Nothing for some time as you £15,000 savings. if you do not declare it you may end up in jail.

• Tavy

You left your job so made yourself unemployed, there are no excuses about mental health, you left the job, so you will be denied benefits for several months.

And, they have the authority to check all of your bank accounts, they will find out about your savings.

If you decide to withdraw them, they will see that and deny you benefits.

UK

• Clive

What does this have to do with travel?

• PAMELA

So live off your savings! they will not believe you have a penny in the bank, get real.