oops. I thought I can make fried chicken with skinless chicken?

I didn't understand why my fried chicken doesn't look right. 

Am I stupid?

• al
    1 week ago

No, I do it all of the time:

STEP ONE

COMBINE flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper in paper or resealable plastic bag.

STEP TWO

WHISK eggs in shallow bowl. Add chicken to flour mixture, 2 to 3 pieces at a time, shaking bag to coat completely. Dip in egg, then return to flour mixture to coat.

STEP THREE

HEAT shortening to 350°F in 12-inch skillet over medium heat.

STEP FOUR

FOR BREASTS: Add chicken to skillet. Cook, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes per side until deep golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Drain on paper towels.

STEP FIVE

FOR THIGHS: Add chicken to skillet. Cook, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes per side until deep golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Drain on paper towels.

STEP SIX

FOR TENDERS: Add chicken to skillet. Cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes per side until deep golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Drain on paper towels.

6 days ago

You can do that! It's not the same as KFC but it will work. Flour it first.

• 1 week ago

I don't know if you're stupid, but based on this alone, it doesn't seem so.  

Chicken strips are very much fried, coated and skinless.  You just have to have the right coating.  I usually double dip skinless chicken in flour then egg and flour again, sometimes bread crumbs the second dip.  

• denise
    1 week ago

I should think if you double coat the skinless chicken it should deep fry successfully?

1 week ago

I make fried chicken with boneless skinless breasts.  Grind the chicken in the food processor with spices.  Roll into balls.  Flour and egg wash.  Press to flatten into a nugget.   Fry in peanut oil.   Voila - skinless fried chicken.

Skinless whole chicken pieces?   No, that doesn't work very well.

Are you stupid?   I have no clue.

• Just eat it. It's all chicken. And all chicken is good.

• CB
    1 week ago

It is doable, pretty much what chicken tenders are.

• 1 week ago

No, it's a mistake that could happen to anybody. I probably would have done the same.