Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 months ago

Does a lot of book reading increase IQ?

No, but you can learn a lot by reading good books.

I don't know about 'increasing IQ' - but sure can learn a lot. Having said that - isn't IQ measure by knowledge? Wouldn't that make it high? That aside, it would make you a very interesting person to know. Depending on the types of books you read - you could have some interesting conversations!

• j153e

This may help more:  https://www.megagenius.com/

• James

No, you will always have the same IQ.  However, I think a lot of book reading would be an indicator of a fairly high IQ.

Yes sure why not...... Book is the second teacher.

Not necessarily, it may create more confusion if what is read is not digested

Yep I think so but I didn't read any book outside my classroom. 

Of course, as long as you eat the books after.

I prefer to fry them.

This would be a good thing for you to research while you're at home... google is a thing!

IQ is not a measure of how much you know, it measures CAPACITY.  Your intelligence is like an empty container that YOU have to fill up.  Your IQ is the size of that container relative to the average person.

Anyone can read books.  A more intelligent person gets more out of them, and is able to relate what he/she learns to other things.