Growing Jackfruit from seeds from a jackfruit you bought at a grocery store?

We got lucky and our Publix was selling 3 jackfruit. I cut it up and for shiggles decided to see if I can get the seeds to sprout. Well they did, now I'm wondering will these ever produce fruit in the future? I had heard some farms somehow deactivate the seeds of their produce?  

Typically when seeds from the grocery store do not grow it is because they come from hybrid plants (the products of cross pollinating two plants) and jackfruits are hybrid plants. It's super cool that your seeds worked! Most of the time seeds from crossbred plants do not grow, so you have a nice little genetic miracle on your hands. Though I will warn you that fruits grown off hybrid seeds will taste a little different to their parent fruit, if it produces fruit at all.

Whatever the outcome of your jackfruit adventure is, with fruit, without, or funny tasting, I hope that you'll find happiness in it. Good luck!

• Bill

if it is growing , the seeds are active

now when you get flowers you need to pollinate them to get fruit

• Jim

They are normal seeds and will grow normal plants.