Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited Kingdom · 2 months ago

When do you estimate the uk will be back to normal?

I know the cornavirus outbreak has really effected the world and it won’t be completely normall for a long time but when do you estimate things will start to improve e.g shops and restaurants opening up again and being able to go out with our friends. Also I work in the travel industry and I pay have to take time off but no one can tell me how long this will be for. 

I work in local government in the UK and  we aren't due to reopen to the public until the end of May at the earliest. Take from that what you will. 

According to the news we are around 2 weeks away  from the peak of  the coronavirus  cases for the NHS to deal with. I can see this lockdown lite lasting the 3 weeks and another 4 depending on how people behave. 

• Mercury

It will be a lot longer than the end of May

If you look on this map and click on the UK

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboa...

The number of cases in the UK is increasing sharply, things aren't going to start to go back to normal IMO until that curve starts to flatten out (look at China) and they are only now starting to lift restrictions in Wuhan.

• Etta

As far as I know shops are closed for 3 weeks and government will decide from then what happens in the future - 2nd day of lockdown and I am ready to scream