promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

So now Biden leads Trump nationally by only 3 points. What happened to his double digit lead?

He was leading Trump by 11 points and 9 points few months ago. What happened? 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

my survey did on 100 people said 98 of them were more for Trump then any democrit. You are a fool to believe any survey, THE maker can make it say whatever they want to. Example. I asked 150 people, I PICK out the ones I want to use, down to 100 out of that 100 people surveyed, 98 are for TRUMP... and I can say also 97 percent were for Trump with a 3 % percent error rating... AND IT IS A GOOD SURVEY..

'

People who believe in survey numbers as more gullible then the ones taking it to start with. Go take a few STATISTIC classes and educate yourself.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because a senile, befuddled old fogey might make an entertaining President in stable, happy times, but when it comes to a pandemic, people realize you need a mentally functioning President.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Both of these numbers are likely soft. At one point, Biden LED Trump by 13 points not 11. But that was, I believe, way back in the late summer 2019. Those numbers were always likely to be a bit soft since they probably more reflected a generic dissatisfaction with Trump. People dislike Trump and when ask my upholster would respond that they liked his opponent no matter who it was. When the choice came down to an actual specific component than the numbers were going to be different.

The number that we have now is likely soft as well. I believe that the current numbers have fighting at 48% and Trump at 45%. You'll notice that neither of those are a majority. If you add those up you get 93%. To me, there is absolutely no way that 7% of Voters in the fall are going to vote for someone other than Trump or Biden. If Biden gets all of those remaining undecided votes and he beats Trump by 10 points, pretty close to the 11 points that you cite. What should be worrisome for Trump supporters in this poll are a couple of things. First off, Biden beats Trump by a greater margin than Hillary Clinton did. Given the fact that Trump only won the Electoral College because of about 80000 votes, that should frighten them. Any relative gain in popularity by the Democrat in 2020 is likely to spell Doom for Trump. Second, Trump's current poll numbers are actually down from what they were in 2016. Trump got about 45% of the vote in this poll and he got just a hair over 46% in 2016. Again, this is bad news since any relative loss and popularity is almost certain to result in Trump losing the election. Now, in 2012, Obama was actually able to lose popularity and still win the election. But Obama gained a large victory in 2008. Trump not only lost the popular vote but barely won the Electoral College. As I said, just eighty thousand votes separated him and Hillary Clinton in The crucial states that gave him Victory. That's not a stable number that he can count on and any loss of popularity is likely to erase that. When we dig into the nitty-gritty, we also to see that Trump is desperately unpopular in the 300 closest counties from 2016. In fact, Trump is just as unpopular among those counties as he was in 2018, when Democrats won a landslide Victory. This should be especially bothersome because of the results in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, in Michigan. Trump is President right now because he wants surprising victories in those three states which had traditionally voted Democratic. That's where his 80,000 vote margin of victory over Clinton comes into play. But what we're seeing right now is that Trump is not doing any better in many counties in those States than he was in 2018. This is significant because in that year Democrats won every single Statewide election in those three states. If we extrapolate those results to 2020 then Joe Biden could easily win.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Who's poll are you citing?

Sorry NOTHING a conservative says can be trusted nowadays!

That's because the majority are following a pathological liar believing he's well intentioned. However pathological liars lie for their own best interests above anyone else's!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Biden needs to be on a ventilator because he can't remember to breathe.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Biden never had any lead, Trump is the most beloved President in USA history, do not believe the terroristic liberal media.

• 2 months ago

Is this like when conservatives celebrate Trump having a 48% approval rate and don't understand math enough to realize that's not good to be

unde

rwater?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only red states have increased their support for Trump, but Biden's double digit lead still exists in battleground states.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Corona happened, in case you missed it...

• Chris
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Dementia looks less appealing right now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.