Tevin asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 months ago

ITALIANS ONLY: Pasta in the sauce, or sauce on the pasta?

Which is the correct method:

A. Putting the pasta in the sauce

B. Putting the sauce on the pasta

C. Other (Please explain)

Please provide proof of Italianicity.

• Burgoo

ayy paisan, you putta the sauce-a onaa da pasta, capisce, gabbagool.

Boopity boppity, boppoity boopy. I also have a mustache.

• denise

I'm not Italian, but I've seen an Italian chef ;  put the pasta  'into' the sauce.

I don't know what kind of Italians are here answering, but my Dad's family that made home made sauce from home grown roma tomatoes, home made vino,  home made wine vinegar and homade macaroni's. The GRAVY was mixed up with the macaroni's. and the salad was eaten Last!

Grandma (who came to USA in 1909 from Village Latina 50 miles S. of Rome, Grampa died before I was born) passed in 1971, my Dad in 2001. I miss them all, it was a big Italian family now residing in Heaven.In Detroit the whole Eastern Market area where my Dad grew up was Little Italy.

• John

Italian family though I am personally not. Been there 4 times, mostly Genovese. But I'm a decent cook, is more important. If you are making spaghetti with a big fat red sauce then you may as well just spoon it over the pasta. If it's more like a cacio e' pepe or primavera then the sauce is thinner. If you put the pasta in the sauce then it melds in the pan and to a degree deglazes it. And yes, if you cook it a minute the pasta will pick up the flavors more. Ultimately it is just food and it will all taste good. There are really important things like letting yeast rise. This is not one of those important things.

I’m in a 75% 

Italian family, and we usually slow cook the sauce for 5+ hours and then put it in the pasta pot and mix and leave some in the sauce pot leftover for if people want extra or maybe we freeze it and use it again a month later. 

• Tevin2 months agoReport

"Steve" is the most Italian name I've ever heard

• mokrie

B. Sauce on the pasta always.