Bought an Iphone 8+ but songs won’t transfer from my ipad?

I bought a bunch of ITunes songs on my IPad when I had an android phone but now I have an IPhone 8+ and when I first was setting up my phone I had the option to sync it to my ipad. I got like 5 out of the 209 songs I have. How can I get the rest without using ITunes on my computer? 

That is the only way that Apple devices will communicate. And often, will not allow you to sort as you wish. You can rename all you want - still does of by some internal code. PITA. Years ago, I bought an mp3 player (Creative Zen). Husband wanted the same one, a year later. My old one lets me rename to resort. His, which I tried when he tired if it, and mine was showing wear - will NOT let me rename to resort!!! I hand uploaded music from a US made CD, to find the info in Japanese. Whole industry suffers from lack of coding standardization. Apple might be a monolith - but they connect to each other via their software . . .