promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Mike asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

will the airlines shut down domestic travel ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • JuanB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You still have domestic airline travel in your area?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

yea what are u stupid they already did thanks to your stupid questions

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Where I live, they shut down completely yesterday.  International flights as well as domestic. 

• AJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

possibly, if the cost of operating the flights exceeds the revenue. I can't see these companies to continue flying as the costs exceed the money coming in.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only if the government mandated it. However, they just bailed out the airlines so I'd expect that they would be expected to continue operating. 

• 2 months ago

We do not know. The airlines do not know. No one knows.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

which country are you referring to?

• 2 months ago

PLEASE do not flag THIS message to EVERYONE especially the LUDDITES

, Scammers, fraudsters, thieves hoarders, price gougers of NEEDED medical stuff for NEED THE HELP to the HIGH RISK HUMANS doing what needs to be done to care for YOUR FRIEND , The innocent children doing the right thing and Diabetics Cpap users, Asthmatics.....FACING a Horrible death chocking on their lung fluids.

Some are healthy, some have mild some are DEAD.

Does ONE planet count as domestic?

The answer is MAYBE A huge part already is. Those not sick WILL NOT follow the rules.

This not the answer you want. NO ONE should also not NEED to teach EDUCATED ADULTS how to wash your hands.

THE MESSAGE MUST GET THROUGH TO THE LUDDITES

( Word Educated UNIVERSITY STUDENT KNOW)

You must have been in some isolated area. Domestic flights have been in the process of shutting down for a few weeks at this time.

I f you want a reasonable accurate answer please be more specific.

Just in case you missed it.

I will catch you.up.

A world wide medical pandemic is happening in over 150 countries NOW.

Only a few countries have a good control of spread. At this time it continues as it does and goes where it goes.

In good old USA a day or two ago one of the health agencies did a little math. AT THAT MOMENT they were documenting NEW individuals with the Virus in Good old USA with one of best MEDICALLY TRAINED STAFF and some of BEST MEDICAL FACILITIES on the planet

AND SOME OF THE MOST IGNORANT PEOPLE ON THE PLANET. USA NOT THE WORST The students and the healthy are doing their best to be NUMBER ONE in people NEEDING FUNERALS.

Next week your wife is sick tomorrow your old school chum next Dead on the weekend The guy you  meet at the conference.

NO ONE KNOW WHEN THEY MIGHT BE THE NEXT ONE

From any medical text the fastest way to end it is to stop moving around and  sharing it with others.

Most have mild symptoms and just need to stay home rest and about a week two its over for YOU. Maybe your cousins time is tomorrow.

MAYBE YOU NOT SICK ARE YOU 100% absolutely sure? Your eyes like microscope?

The very serious issue is those that have some common medical issues for example asthma,a heart condition diabetes and a few more have a really HUGE different situation to deal with. You can easily find the estimated number of people with that have these issues it been available for a very long time. TO ANYONE THAT LOOKED. It is a big number when multiplied to include the 330,000 000 in one country

If they get sick they have a chance of dying in a few days.

It is possible and has happened. You visit a friend they look healthy. You visit Grandma at the nursing/care home. You feel all okay. Go home go bed. Three days later you get call from friend needs ride to doctor has cold Doctor treats and says this NOT cold the bad thing you LUCKY just mild for you.

He happy you happy give big hug. You want tell Grandma go to Nursing home and lots of fuss.

Three residents in critical condition and some of their care givers are sick too..

Grandma is scared she next. You NOT allowed in you wave Grandma at Window as good grandchild you are  BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT IT THERE.

You did not KNOW you had the virus you are not sick. Your friend did not know. VIRUS KNEW

Your visit to grandma when you gave the nurse a hug and Grandmas friend in threes days they will be dead.

Now you ask what is happening for my flight.

Are you concerned about Grandma. PRIORITIES

STOP OTHERS from getting it.

NO an easy word UNNECESSARY TRAVEL away from your HOUSE.for TWO WEEKS

Your kind gesture has given you an unwelcome memory you just helped your friend for the last time and my Grandma is your Grandma's friend.

Would you please send the eulogy for her funeral and explain YOU had to visit the home and KILL HER  Call up the nurses family to and explain why did it?

The entire home is mad at you including me that you do not will not cannot accept that your kind gesture KILLED MY GRANDMA did you want a thank you or what?

MILLIONS are furious that the simple instructions of washing your hands, STAY HOME

If you need things like food medicine You can get then and then GO HOME

You do not NEED a SODA you NEED to GO HOME and WASH YOUR HANDS and THEN put the groceries away.

It appears EDUCATED UNIVERSITY students and many others do not know how to follow these simple instructions.

MILLIONS AROUND THE PLANET will not listen and DO THESE SIMPLE THINGS

The PLANET is in trouble all of them. Sorry there is only one to destroy.

I stopped  looking their a few countries left that have not been able to find a sick person.

MY city not want you come here STAY HOME WASH YOUR HAND PROPERLY

and OFTEN It is not a game it is not a joke. It is World wide epidemic.

At this moment a few hours ago a health official did some math from the reports. The Pride of of ARROGANT patriots from WE ARE NUMBER ONE had a rate of detection of illness at 300 per hour that is five per minute one ever  12 seconds.

The pride of being number one they want it HIGHER to be in first place on the Planet.

Not sure NO ONE can explain this sad race to have most dead in the world.

SORRY IT IS LONG ANSWER FROM a site that keeps count DAILY for years.

It does not have everyone of the 150,000 flights a day SOMEWHERE of Passenger Airlines. It does not trak private planes Cargo Planes .

Your question was "Will the airlines shut down domestic travel ?"

Total cancellations today:  16,418 (DOMESTIC in just the country in the Middle of NORTH America.

a normal day is about 100,000 flights in the USA. Every day a few more.as they find places to park planes get crews home close smaller stations DELIBERATELY fly with empty seats to keep the passengers apart.

If NEED to go there are ways to go that you WANT TO GO is HISTORY.

I have never met an ADULT that NEEDS to cuddle with their partner on a 3 or 4 four hour flight. I have never met an ADULT than can handle that there is a seat apart or a row apart from their partner  for the duration of the flight.

THEY JUST ARE NOT >>>>WANTING<<<< TO FOLLOW the NEW RULES.

What people do ALL OF THEM do the next few weeks will give you the answer to your question. If they follow the rules there will be some flights

If there is not a very fast change in behaviour the answer is ABSOLUTELY with  Airlines in the process to do it in a day or two Being started by The airlines on the planet.

THOUSANDS of Citizens are stranded in other countries that were on vacation.

the place they are has closed the Borders. The Airport near them is closed to help stop the spread. The Airlines at the Airport cancelled all the flights You have a suggestion how a vacation person can find a way back to their ( NOT YOURS)country when an Ocean is in the way.? A continent or two?

NO ONE KNOWS the future with certainty. That 10 % of flights go means what if they are all already full?

USA big place. Many Airports Yours might be open and mine closed.

THE actions and things of the worlds 7,000,000,000 will determine  the BEST ANSWER

it could be for a few months or much longer. The last big one was a few YEARS

Not  many planes then it took longer to go around the world and then took a break to mutate and did a second run.

• 2 months ago

Right now the airlines have cut flights both domestic and international due to lack of business due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, commercial aircraft is still flying. 

My state (Hawaii) is instituting a 14-day quarantine for anyone arriving to the island effective March 26.

It is inadvisable for people to travel at the for the time being.

Should the situation worsen, I wouldn't doubt that a nation-wide shutdown of air travel might be initiated. Stay tuned.

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Which country are you referring to?  Yahoo is universal but there are almost 200 countries in the world and many of them have domestic air travel...

If it's not already shut down due to the pandemic, air travel is discouraged.  My neighbour had a domestic flight last week and she said there were a total of 5 passengers on the flight.  At that rate, it doesn't make economic sense for airlines to continue service, even if they are allowed to.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.