promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Diana
Lv 7
Diana asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

How is the toilet paper industry planning on ending the shortage?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

There isn't any shortage at the industry level. Only the distributors and retailers have been hit by overload of idiots hoarding the stuff.  It's a sad commentary on public hysteria.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They aren't. The problem isn't toilet paper manufacturing capacity, it's morons hoarding it like there's no tomorrow.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yes, the DISTRIBUTORS are going to take it in the shorts (pun) when the massive hoarding of a 3-year supply by many morons means those people no longer need an on-going supply.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no shortage of supply, only a shortage in shops  as idiot shoppers are stock piling

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The toilet paper industry, after so many news stories about shortages, should be producing plenty of paper by now.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

They're probably producing exactly the same amount forecast months ago. It's still the same number of people wiping the same number of times, regardless of whether some of them stupidly buy a 3-year supply in advance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

By upping production. The shortage might be coming to an end soon. I was looking at target last night and one of the stores said it had them in stock. I was able to order 8 x 3 packs of Charmin from amazon last night. Amazon has angel soft 12x double rolls for ordering. 

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

There simply is no "shortage" in production of t.p.  -- only lags in distribution due to insane (hysterical) hoarding by abject idiots.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no shortage in the U.K., the popular brands are made here and the warehouse have millions. The stores are not ordering enough and let people buy multi packs.

It will settle down.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There is no shortage. Show up at Aldi any day and they have large amounts. At least in the early morning which is when I have went the last 3-4 times. Not every selection but plenty of large multi packs.  Bread is a bigger issue for me. Can only get white, not wheat. And they are low on bread.  Walmart was like 99% out of any & all kinds of meat last time I went. No lunch meat, nothing.  Did not go down the paper aisle.  I have enough for a month or two or three.

Edit, just came back from Aldi. Today they were flat out of TP. Plenty of paper towels. Last few times it was the opposite.  Still no wheat bread. And canned goods are not getting restocked very fast. They had lunch meat but were out of eggs.

Publix frozen section was just about totally wiped out except for ice cream products.  I suspect early mornings are the best time to shop as they close early and restock at night.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.