Nick asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 weeks ago

Do you consider banana bread to be a breakfast or dessert?  ?

Need help settling a debate. 

can be either. 

Technically anything eaten after waking, typically in the morning but if you work nights it would be evening, is a "break-fast" So that could be a anything from a banana to a sandwich to a bowl of stew with a hearty chunk of bread. 

As far as dessert just about anything consumed after a meal typically sweet would fall under that definition. Many cultures do not have a tendency to consume sweets after a meal and will have fruit saving sweets for a different time.

saw your note..if I am "forced" to choose it would be a breakfast I want my dessert to be much more than a banana.  Now if you were to saute it with butter, sugar and serve it with ice cream..that's dessert.

• Nick2 weeks agoReport

Good answer

1 week ago

I'd consider it a snack.  I'd be less surprised to see it served for breakfast than as a dessert, but I wouldn't serve it as either.

• 1 week ago

It depends. I eat it as a snack in between meals. I put cream cheese and sliced apples on a slice - really awesome!

• 1 week ago

It's both...it's also a snack at my house.  When it's still warm with butter.  

• 1 week ago

Dessert. It seems way too sweet for me to eat it at breakfast, but that is just me.

• denise
    1 week ago

I'd probably have some with a tea or coffee so,  a dessert.

Both. I don't think that settles your debate. And you asked what I consider it to be. I can consider it anything I like, regardless of what someone else might consider it.

• Nick2 weeks agoReport

Such a Karen answer 

For some of us, it's lunch or a mid-day snack.  Or breakfast.  Or dessert. 

Why do you feel the need to label a food as being appropriate for a certain meal? 

You know that there are many countries where billions of people do not eat any differently for breakfast than they do at other times of the day, right? 

• Nick2 weeks agoReport

If you were forced to pick one, it's not that deep. 

• oikoσ

I have it as dessert.

• A

Both, it can be used either way

• Nick2 weeks agoReport

Be decisive, Ann. Please pick one