promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it safe to eat fruit like apples right now because of coronavirus?

I was watching tv and a man was saying he washes bananas with soap and water but if I do that to apples I don’t think I would want to eat them. Should I not eat apples or produce at all right now? And what about touching the bag they are in and then touching the apples.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Wash them silly with soap and water. just rinse them well.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

WASH THEM. Soap and water like your hands should be okay.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can eat all fruit AND veggies at this time. If the bag is contaminated then everything in the bag is too. Since this is a concern for you, take the apples out of the bag, throw the bag away. Wash your hands with hot water and soap. Btw, don't wash your apples or any produce with soap and water. If it's not rinsed off good, you'll get a stomachache and or vomit plus if you were to say buy berries or any other produce that has pores, the soap can find it's way into the fruit and you wouldn't be able to remove the soap. I went online looking how to wash fruits and veggies during the coronavirus and to date there is no reports any where to say that people are getting sick eating food during the virus. You Should wash all fruits and veggies good before eating. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Since you have no idea who handled your food before it was in the store, take no chances and wash everything in hot, soapy water.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Do NOT wash vegetables in hot, soapy water. Just rinse them off under cold water and eat them, or peel them before you eat them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Why would you not eat produce??

You can rinse them off, no need for soap.

thats just paranoia.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Dont' you always wash fruit before eating it?

• Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You don't wash fresh fruit in hot, soapy water.

• 2 months ago

You can take and fill up a pan with water and put in a half a cup of Clorox bleach. Dip your fruit into the Clorox bleach let it sit for 30 seconds and then rinse it off very well . They use chlorine all the time in the packing house.

• Tulip
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Dumb

• 2 months ago

All fruit & veg should always be either washed, peeled, or cooked - to kill any germs on the skin.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Are you really that dumb

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't go overboard. Just stay away from people with cold or flu symptoms.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.