Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

Can anybody tell me the best vegetables/fruit that contain water/fluid to give to rabbits please?

I know that cucumber contains a lot of fluid but sadly my rabbit doesn’t like cucumbers, typical haha

If he has water available to him I really wouldn't worry. Some veggies have more water than others but its really not going to make much of a difference. Just give him his regular veggies. 

• patty

lettuce is high in water.

just make sure your rabbit has a source of fresh water. Watery veggies also don't contain enough calories and nutrients for bunnies. Nor do they help with keeping a rabbits teeth trimmed down like timothy hay and rabbit pellets do.

Have you tried watermelon. Cantaloupe honeydew melons. Any one of the melon family will be full of water

• Maxi

Hay or grass should form the majority of your rabbit’s diet around 80-90%, it should be clean and fresh, and always available.

Rabbits can eat the following veg:    Basil    Broccoli    Beetroot greens    Dark Green cabbage    Carrot tops and roots    Cauliflower and leaves    Celeriac    Celery    Coriander    Curly Kale    Courgette    Dill    Fennel    Mint    Marrow    Parsley    Parsnip    Peppers – green    Pumpkin    Radish Greens and Roots    Rocket    Salad greens and lettuce (not too many) and not iceberg lettuce    Spinach    Spring Greens    Sprouts    Squash (any type)    Sweet potatoes (as a treat)    Tomatoes in small quantities    Watercress

Feed them things that crunch, not squish.  

Avoid giving rabbits vegetables that have a lot of water in them, like lettuce, watermelon, cucumbers. Your rabbit is smart to not eat the cucumber. Give them root crops instead. They are especially fond of carrots. It's better to provide water to your rabbits in a water dish or dropper dispenser rather than in their food.

• Earthchild2 months agoReport

Providing water is my first priority, I give him water in a water dish and a water bottle. I just wanted suggestions that contain fluid in his food as well- as it is getting warmer here in the uk