Why are you an atheist?

• Phil M

I believe the idea of a supreme being is just that, an idea. It is much more likely to have been thought up than to actually exist. Magic doesn't exist. Things are not just "poofed" into existence.

The label literally means "not" theist. So the reason I am not theist is because the evidence and reasoning of theists in not very sound for their case that magical, nature defying, super Beings exist. The concept also violates the necessary and natural order of complexity where all complex existence can and must be traced back to simpler beginnings. It's like asserting that an automated car assembly plant just exists to build cars. While we have the simple component of energy that is uncaused since it cannot be created and is found in all existence, it works as a reasonable explanation why there is something rather than nothing and does not break the natural order of complexity since it is the basic building block found in all existence. Complexity "always" evolves over time on the backs of simpler formations/creations. Even our own intelligence grows in complexity over time. You will never be able to think of anything complex that "actually" exists, that cannot be traced back and broken down into its simpler components. That alone is enough not to be a theist.

because i read the bible........simple

I'm an atheist because I prefer reality instead of stupidity.

I searched every place of the type I was told Jesus might be.  Never found anything like him.  Then after years of research I found that looking for Jesus and the god thingie is a waste of time. All who claim to have found god or Jesus are lying.  The entire stories of a god and Jesus are nothing but lies.

Lack of testable, repeatable, and demonstrable evidence for any supernatural deity.

I choose to base my beliefs in empirical evidence.  All the evidence for God is merely anecdotal, not empirical.

I consider the objective physical realm to be the actual basis of reality. As far as I know, there isn't the slightest evidence that God exists within what I can call reality. As far as I've been able to discover, God is a strictly subjective mental phenomenon, which means He can only be imaginary. Truth be told, I have diligently prayed until

I eventually experienced what I thought was God's presence. Nevertheless, I also knew perfectly well that I was hallucinating.

• Paul

Obviously because they have not yet discovered the reality of God. we are all born ignorant of just about everything. We discover one reality after another as we grow older. Most of us discover the reality of God. Some of us don't.

• Shadow

I am unaffected by religious bull$hit and unaffected by peer pressure. Religious nut jobs have been brainwashed by mind controlling people which I refuse to be a victim of. Religion is stress related because the religious nut job is victim of peer pressure by the people around them who do the brainwashing. I like to have an open mind instead of being a religious nut job who is stuck in their head and can't prove their point in their ridiculous religious claims.