Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

I don't want to get fined for going to see my friend this evening, what do i say if people ask me with ID but no work rota?

London, UK quarantine.

What if police ask me?

• Zheia

Social meetings are not really allowed at the moment.

• Kate

Tell them you have broken the law and deserve whatever punishment they hand out.

• pmt853

Tell them you're a stupid selfish oaf. That'll do the trick.

• Orla C

What is wrong with you? STAY HOME. You can still facetime your friend with the various technology available.

• Clive

Then DON'T.  This is not essential travel.  Stay at home.  Why is this so hard to understand?

• anon99

it is essential to travel how am i going to have sex with my girlfriend if one of us does not travel within 3 days that becomes an emergency

Or... you just don't go out. As per the government's request. Selfishness doesn't make you exempt from this.

• RR

The point is that it's to stop the virus spreading and overwhelming the NHS.

Your suppose to stay at home. If the Police check you it will be a fine.

I don't really think they are going to police it properly but you could get caught. Having said that if I put my uniform on and go outside what are they going to do? I can say I'm going to work if I'm not. Cars have been buzzing past my house all morning and they aren't all going to work.

• cool

Say you are visiting a family member to check up on them and help with household chores.

• Ding Dong

No that's banned.

• If you don't want to risk getting fined, or getting corona virus, I wouldn't go any where. Unless you're an essential worker, you shouldn't be going any where. You can call them or if you have it face time them. I've heard of that happening in California, but not in the UK. A guy was pulled over by the police, the man had a letter with him from his work place stating that he was an essential worker.