Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 2 months ago

Im worried about not getting paid??

I work in a hospital as a personal support worker.  I haven't been to work since Thursday because ive been sick,  plus they want me to stay home as long as i can due to Covic-19.  Ill probably back for my next scheduled shift which is tomorrow.

But is there a way i could get paid the days ive missed?????  They dont pay me sick days so im worried about my pay

...can i have advice please?????

Worrying will not make one bit of difference. You will probably not get paid for not working.

If they don't pay for sick days you won't get paid...

You took a job in healthcare KNOWING that you do not get paid sick time.

What was your plan?

Are you one of those idiots who thought you would never ever get sick?

Or are you one of those selfish morons who intended to go to work in the hospital knowing that you are sick?

???????????

• Chidi2 months agoReport

Fuc*k you loser

• n2mama

If you don’t get sick pay and you didn’t work, how would you get paid? If you had been diagnosed with COVID-19 and ordered to stay home for at least 14 days, maybe your employer would do something for you. If you worked in a different industry and had been temporarily laid off due to shut downs, you might be able to get unemployment. But in your current situation I don’t think anything would apply.

If you don't have sick pay available, you aren't going to get paid for the days you didn't work.