Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTeen & Preteen · 2 months ago

Did i do anything wrong?

I have toxic relatives who constantly say that I'm no good and I'm not good at anything which isn't true.I get B's in school and im constantly criticized and taunted by my family members.My uncles and aunts compare me to their kids and constantly tell me how they are better than me.I don't meet these relatives everyday but whenever i do they constantly keep insulting me.

Today i just texted my uncle and asked him how his grades were in school and that i'd like to have a look at his marks card.

He called up my mom and told her that I've been "insulting" him.Then my mom scolded me terribly and said that if i message my uncle again,i will be thrown out of the house.When i was being insulted my them my parents never stood up for me and now that i just question my uncle once they take it so seriously and reprimand me.

Speak to childline

Go to social services and explain to them how you feel.

It would be different if you asked your parents to see their report cards... I don't agree with you having asked your uncle but I could understand why you felt the need to when they keep comparing you to their children... I understand your motive, but you asked the wrong person. 

All you have to do is prove themselves wrong. Do good in school, help out around the house every other day... and if they try to put you down, then at least you know inside you that you are worth more. 

• edward

that’s not an appropriate question. That’s like asking someone how much they get paid

You shouldn't have asked your uncle such a personal question, pal. No wonder he got mad and called your folks. His school records and the information contained within them are PRIVATE, and none of your business.

Who in their right mind texts an uncle and says they want to look at his school grades?  Weird.

• Name Withheld

Answer:  no one in their right mind.

Sounds like a good story.