John asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

How long will this coronavirus last for? I hope it gets better I will be traveling to UK in July. I hope I would be able to go?

I just hope flights won't be shut down I will leave July 5th for England from US. I really hope this coronavirus won't increase by summer and do you think airports will be open by July when I leave for England I worry about this. Please let me know thank you

It is uncertain how long this will last for. It is going to be a while before a viable vaccine is available. Be prepared for the worse.

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
  • Jay P

What would you like other Yahoo users to answer for you?  What the future looks like and when the COVID-19 pandemic will end?  

Sorry, my crystal ball has a crack in it and can only see as far as the winning lottery numbers for draws up to 2 days in advance.  I cannot answer any questions regarding what will happen in July.

• Bill-M

July NEXT Year maybe.   I would cancel any flight for this year.

No one knows how long that restrictions will be in place but there are some estimates that the peak won't be until May - June and expecting to fly in July would be very optimistic.

Your flight is only one of hundreds of thousands that are in doubt for that day. It is totally pointless asking whether we think airports will be open by then. The simple fact is that NOBODY knows.

Of course you worry about it. Three quarters of the world are worried about travel plans, holidays, work arrangements and family gatherings, not to mention whether they'll even still be alive then. Do you really think you are the only person who hopes the virus won't still be spreading in July?

• Maxi

It is unlikely you will be traveling...the UK announced this week that people who are in high risk groups will be getting a letter to quarantine at home/where they live for 12 weeks, schools are closed until further notice from tomorrow, child care is being serviced by teaching staff on a rota basis in those schools for parents who work in  urgent/care professions. large supermarkets are setting aside an hour for urgent/care workers to shop, another hour for elderly/ those at risk and hand cleaning and basket/trolley cleaning when you enter the shop, with taped lines for queuing to pay, asking for card payments and physical distance shopping.

Many if not most people are laid off work or working from home, travel on 'public transport' ( buses, trains, planes) is highly restricted and we are asked only to use the car only when necessary, job centres closed, phone the doctor don't go in, churches are closed, restaurants/cafes closed, some are setting up delivery of meals. Museums etc are closed and this last week there have been police road blocks checking  travel and licences to see if people are taking the advice not to travel outside their immediate area.... National Trust properties etc are opening for free to encourage local people to visit the gardens/woodlands etc but use the physical distancing when walking.......... your proposed trip is only 14 weeks away, so it looks likely it will be cancelled

No one can answer that question. This has never happened before. Some people say it will peak in the US at the beginning of May. If new cases decline, things will open up again, but that may mean another wave of infections. The timing is impossible to predict. 

99% of the world population will be dead by then

No one in the whole world knows how this is going to go. People can make educated guesses and uneducated guesses and predictions, but no one knows.

Don't like your chances. This pandemic is predicted to last for at least 6 months but more likely up to 18 months. I can't see the Olympic games going ahead either. It could just result in a second wave of the virus. In any case, I wish you luck with that. Cheers.