Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Is my wife having an affair?

My doctor told me a few years ago that I have a low sperm count and would likely be unable to conceive a child. Last night, my wife told me that she’s pregnant and showed me the test.

There is a difference between LOW sperm count and NO sperm count.

It only takes ONE sperm to cause pregnancy.  

If you have doubts, you can always have a DNA test done.  If you don't want to cause a fight, you can have it done secretly after the baby is born.  

BTW - I am a woman and a doctor once told me that it would be unlikely for me to get pregnant - but I have two children and they were conceived completely naturally with NO medical assistance.  Doctor's don't know everything.  

• car253

Great answer.

Low sperm count does not mean NO COUNT... you can still get your wife pregnant, it only takes that one sperm. My aunt R.I.P spent her whole life trying to have a baby, she had a lot of fertility problems and she'd get pregnant but always loose the baby. She lost 13 babies. After she past away from cancer my uncle got married again a couple years after to find out he had low sperm count. He could still get her pregnant but her uterus was no able to retain the babies. So I wouldn't make your wife feel bad for no reason. Be thankful you guys were able to get pregnant and pray that your baby is Ok before jumping to conclusions. 

low sperm count does not mean impotent. that's good news for the both of you! don't think of negative thoughts about your wife. Congrats!

• car253

Congratulations on becoming a dad.   Enjoy the ride.    Let your spouse know how happy you are.   Enjoy every moment.    Do not ruin it. 

only takes one sperm

Low sperm count does not mean no sperm count.

• LizB

Infertile is not the same thing as sterile. If there are ANY viable sperm, then there's a chance of conception and pregnancy. Unless you have solid reason to believe that your wife cheated on you, then there's no reason to accuse her of anything just because a HPT turned up positive.

Wow!  Well there’s a couple of ways to find out.  Most obvious, wait until the child is born and get a paternity test.  Hire a Private Detective, there are entire agencies devoted to catching cheating spouses.  

I can tell you this, if you yourself go snooping around and start acting all weird, you’ll drive her away.   

See if her attraction to you has changed.  If she still wants to have sex with you and seems to be in love with you, you probably have one of those “Miracle Babies” you hear about them all the time.  

Don't call her out right away; doctors can be wrong and "low" and "unlikely" wasn't a promise. My dad was also told that he couldn't have children after having one testicle removed during a battle with cancer as a teen... myself and my siblings are definitely his biological children. My parents even took me up to the doctor who told him it wasn't possible and asked him what he had to say for himself. Communicate with you wife, for sure, let her know what your doctor said and that you need her honesty.

I'm just gonna say this, she is most probably cheating. Women are vile, repulsive creatures who lie and manipulate. All Women are like this...Its in their nature.