promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 2 months ago

Will I have to pay the remainder of the tuition for my daughter school if the school gets closed or if I decide to pull her out of school?

She is a TK student at a private catholic school. School is currently operating via online teaching due to coronavirus. However, its bare minimum instruction being provided. Its not something that my wife can't just teach her. Not sure if I'm contractually obligated to keep her there and keep paying the remainder of her tuition.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

You have to look at the admission contract and you might need to consult with an attorney because of the unprecedented nature of the current situation.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

YOU BETCHA!!  But if your job closes it's okay for them to not pay you.

• nancy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is still a fairly new situation and many schools are still in the process of working out how they will handle it, and what their policies will be. You should wait a week or two to see if things improve, and what the school's policy will be for those students who choose to withdraw.

• 2 months ago

Why are you asking here.. THE ONLY ones who can answer that is her school... Maybe you need to be in school getting an education to as you are so uneducated you think people here can answer your stupid question.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That depends on the details of your contract with the school.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Read your contract.

• 2 months ago

I don't know what a TK student is, but yes, you are generally obligated to pay the rest of your contract if the school is still offering some kind of instruction. Kids often pay more attention to their teachers than their parents. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I read your contract and the answer is yes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.