Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

What would you think of a man who hopes to have a daughter someday?

If you met a man who hopes to be a father to a daughter one day, what would you think of him?

Just asking, because I'm a man who wants a daughter. I'm worried people will think I'm strange.

I’m a father to a beautiful 25 y/o daughter, she was a dream come true for my wife and I when she was born, we love her so much.

I understand why you want a daughter.

• ron h

sons and daughters bring out different things in men.  We expect different things from them and ourselves.  We want to protect daughters for there entire lives and we want to show sons how to take care of themselves AND grow up to be our best friends (which sometimes happens)

• Jess

Nothing wrong with that. 

• GB

I think  it's only strange  if  you want a child or children, and  feel strongly that you don't want a particular gender, whether it's your gender or the opposite.  Do you mean because you are a man, you think  others will think you only want boys?

Nothing wrong with that at all. There are a lot of men who value the relationship they have with their daughter.

• edward

I would think...that is a man who wants a daughter. Nothing else

• Mandy

What is the strangeness that you think others will find about it?