Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

Do I have lymphoma?

I asked this before but I’m just super paranoid. I’m 14 and around a week ago I got a swollen lymph node. I just woke up and it was there. It’s not that painful to touch and feels sorta like a bruise. One was going down but 2 more swelled up. The first one is close to gone now but the other one didn’t go away yet. I can’t really go to a doctor since the Coronavirus lock down but I’m really paranoid. I’ve also been kinda tired theses couples days. Should I be worried?

Just wanted to say I don’t really wake up soaked since I heard night sweats is a huge symptom but I do have some heat flashes like my faces gets kinda hot sometimes through out the day.

I'm 28. I've had a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck for 4 years. My ex had swollen lymph nodes on both sides periodically since she was a kid. They'd swell up for like a week and go away. It was weird. Lymph node swelling is pretty common. If you have other serious symptoms then maybe there's reason to speculate.

• Edna

I've had a swollen lymph node underneath my jaw that's been there for 7 years. It stays the same size and it never goes away. 

Don't be paranoid about swollen lymph nodes. A lymph node will swell whenever you have any sort of infection (a cold; a bad tooth; whatever) anywhere in your body. The node swells in order to drain the infection from your body. That's its JOB!  It can sometimes take weeks or months for it to return to its normal size.

• Mike G

Why yes, yes you do. Happy now?

You can't come on here asking total strangers a medical question. There is no way to know if you are asking someone that can help you. Go to your doctor when it is calmer, and just get a good checkup.

i dont think the lockdown is affecting doctor's appts so i would just go

• Edna

All he has a common, swollen lymph node. He doesn't even need to see a doctor for that.