Are people from Israel Jews?

I was just wondering if everyone from Israel is a Jew.

Are they all Jewish?

Israel Population is around 8.5 millions persons:

- 4 millions Jews.

- 1 million Christians from other countries.

- 2 millions Arabs Muslims and Christians

- 1 million and 600k Palestinians Muslims and Christians

the percentages I read in others answers are not really accurate.

• Lili

Most but not all. There are Israeli Arabs, and Arabs can be Muslim or Christian.

• TNO

No. Not all

Only ~80% of Israel's population can be described as Jewish in any way. The term "Jew" can have a few different connotations, notably religious, ethnic and cultural ones, and most Israelis at least fill one of those quantifiers.  

So while it'll be a safe assumption to assume any given Israeli is Jewish....it's not an absolute guarantee, and one out of every five will be something else. Of that remaining 20%, you have Arabs, Druze, Circassians, and various other peoples living in that area. Mostly Arabs in that group, and for clarity most Jews that could fall under the "Arab Jew" label (Jews who communities thrived in Arab lands) are not included in this group. 

Most of them are from Pakistan, (they look Pk to the bone anyways).

• BMCR

No.

The number of Israelis who are Jewish by percentage is 79%.

Not everyone who travels abroad or emigrates from the Jewish State of Israel is a Jew! In fact I know someone who was born to Bedouin parents then grew up in Israel, later moved to Australia and then finally converted to Judaism. Today he is Jewish but originally he was not. My mother is actually a nurse and she has met Arab patients who were born in Israel but are now living in Australia. 

It is a textbook teaching or educational fact that there are approximately 20% Arabs living IN the Jewish homeland of Israel. 80% are considered Jewish. Are they actually halachikly Jewish? That is a controversial question that Jews from different movements and sects are debating about between the reform, conservative and Orthodox Jewish groups. Between 1 and 5% accounts for all other religions in Israel including Xianity. There are many divisions and schisms in Israeli society. 80% identify with being Jewish, that statistic is questionable but at least that is what people think, believe or call themselves.

Some Jews accept the Ethiopian immigrants as Jews and others do not. Some reform, conservative and Orthodox Jews do not accept Ethiopian Jews in Israeli society as legitimate. Others from these groups do. 

There isn't much else to say that I can think of. I hope my answer addresses your question. 

Source(s): Orthodox Jew
  • Teva

No. Hardly anyone from Israel is a Jew.

We all need to become Jews. Inwardly, that's the point. Jews are God's chosen people, do you really think God would care what piece of land you were born on? 😂

I'm trying to decide if you're a troll or just thick.  Of course not everyone from Israel is a Jew, neither the place nor the person.