Promoted
Greg asked in PetsFish · 3 months ago

Why are people stocking up on water?

Doesn't it just come out the tap?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

I have been asking that for weeks and still don't have a logical answer.   But it is just like toilet paper - we have more than enough production capacity to provide plenty of toilet paper to everybody in America but if someone hoards it, everyone else hoards it.   Unless a person actually believes we are not going to have electricity soon, we are going to have water. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I dunno. I live about a mile from a river. It has an abundance of fresh water & fish. I suppose that one day someone will say that's enough & turn it off.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tap water in many cities do not taste good. Sometimes it is even contaminated by lead or other chemicals. Many people therefore are already drinking bottled water so they stock up just in case there is a shortage.

• 2 months ago

Tap water has lots of chlorine, flouride, etc in it so people don't like to drink it.

Plus it tastes bad.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

.True true true

• Akeath
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I have a medical machine that requires distilled water. My local tap water has a lot of magnesium and calcium, which is fine to drink but can precipitate and clog up my machine. So I went out and made sure to get distilled water.

Most disaster preparedness guides, including the one from the CDC, recommend getting bottled water in case the water treatment company that ensures everyone has tap water is compromised in some way - either the workers are too sick to work, or the treatment center is in some other way compromised. Your getting tap water when you turn on the sink happens because a large, complex water cleaning system and a number of very qualified people are making it happen on all sorts of different levels.

• 3 months ago

It does, but in a state that's not fit to drink. Unless you have to.

• 3 months ago

TRUEE. but people consider tap water dirty water so they'd rather spend a lot of money to go out and buy cases of water...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.