jack asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 months ago

Is it worth saying anything?

Im a 17 year old sixth form student in my final couple of months of school before my exams, I was told of for chewing gum in class and was given a lunchtime detention (level 1) as I was walking to then bin I told the teacher who gave me the detention that I wouldn't be able to do it on that day, I said it twice and he ignored me so, under my breath, I said 'for **** sake' (quietly and not aimed at anyone) another teacher who was in the in room heard me say it and shouted at me in front of the whole class which I don't think is right itself as, fair enough I should not have swore, but I don't feel it was right to shout at me in front of everyone. After leaving the classroom, the teacher who heard me swear told me the stripe will now be upgraded to a level 2 (which is an after school detention on Friday for an hour). Yes I understand that I should not have sworn but at nearly 18 years of age and the fact that it wasn't aimed at anyone, I think its ridiculous that I got a level 2 for it. The reason why I am annoyed about this is because the teacher who told me off for swearing had swore at me in the past so it is hypocritical to tell me off for it. I also don't like this teacher because he had been rude to me in the past and I didn't defend myself, he said that 'I won't be going to university' and 'he wouldn't hire me to stack boxes' so there is a couple of things that I have got on him, do you think I should somehow bring it up?? if so how do you think I should do it? 

Honestly, that's not a good teacher. If they wanted you to respect them, then they shouldn't have done it in that fashion. Not all teachers are perfect, but that's just plain rude. 

But however, I don't know what kind of student you are and the kind of teacher-student relationship you have. Also, I don't know your teacher either. 

You can bring it up to your principal if you feel strongly about that. It's not for me to decide or anyone else. If you feel like you should then do it. But be reasonable and be calm IF you decide to bring this up. 

You were chewing gum in class, you were rude to your teacher, you swore ... frankly I'm amazed you weren't tossed out on the street right away.

• Tavy

Jack you are a pupil, everyone is going to shout at you, when you start work you will be shouted at. 

Now man up and take your punishment.

UK

soo...dont go...just ignore anyone who mentions your punishment and go about as if you cannot hear them...you have a good reason...just go with it for once

You understand that you are a minor, and teachers hold authority over you.. And they commend more respect than you do.

So take your punishment and stop whining about "unfair" treatment

• Nekkid Truth!

Doesnt make it ok for you to be disrespectful.   If you have an issue with your teacher, then go above them and file a complaint.