What could I add to make my mustang faster?

I have a vortech supercharger, corsa catbacks, and michelin pilot sports but I was trying to get a little more torque. Any other additions that could get me up to 30+ more hp.

Put on some "Go Faster Stripes". That will really impress !!

Make it faster? Dump a **** load of money into it. 

Take the engine out and put in a Boss 429 

To go faster would require a change in rear gears. This can result in loosing performance at the low end. Notice how some race cars when they come out of the pits need a push off from the crew members to get it rolling.

To make it quicker can also be done with a change in gears. The rear end is the easiest place to make this change. For years the standard drag race rear end was a 4:11. But this takes away from how fast the car can go. The Mustang if it is a newer one (I suspect it is) has a rev limiter. That limits the max RPM's of the engine and that limits top speed.

The primary thing is to have an engine that can take what ever you are going to throw at it to get what you feel you need. You have forced induction, so more forced induction would make the car quicker. NOS by the way is the short cut to more boost. The problem is bottles go empty and if there is not enough fuel then you will burn the tops of the pistons out. So bigger injectors are part of the solution. The other part is more oxidizer. This can come from NOS (on shot set ups) or from increasing boost. Increasing boost can be achieved with a better intercooler, more pressure or some way to chill the air post boost (such as water injection or water sprayers on the intercooler). Be warned- if the engine is not prepped for the added stress there is a good to great chance that you will blow the engine!

None of this will do any good if the transmission and clutch (if any) can not take the stress. A good race grade transmission costs a few thousand dollars. Even a used one is not cheap. Clutches will burn out on a regular basis. A race car with a manual transmission often can not run 500 miles before the clutch goes out, the engine trashed and several sets of tires are burnt up.

I forgot one trick and that is a higher rev limiter. Not a good idea in the long run because it just speeds how quick the engine ends up in bits and chunks all over the road.

Let me let you in a little secret-

"Speed kills" and not a one of us who drives faster cars has found one fast enough for us. I decided a few years back that if 180 mph didn't scare me it was time to slow down. 180 mph even on a race track with all the cars going the same way is risky enough and how ever fast or quick your Mustang is now is sufficient to kill you or some one else.

I had a 87 Foxbody I dropped a supercharged 351 5.8 Liter Windsor in it fast but very dumb.

• Anton

Faster where -- on the track, or in real world traffic?  

For in traffic, you have to learn how to drive. 

ask a mechanic about it

• Rick

NOS and higher rear-end gears .........................................

Lightning or flame paint jobs are proven to increase speed.

• River Euphrates

Don't forget performance part stickers! You don't have to have the parts - just the stickers!!!