Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 3 months ago

How to quit volunteering? ?

I volunteer at an animal shelter and I started volunteering about 5 months ago and I have around 30 hours. The programs says it needs a minimum of a 100 hours but I just can’t volunteer anymore because of my busy schedule. So I wanted to know if the volunteer coordinator would get mad or anything if I quit volunteering before I got a 100 hours. Thanks. 

• kswck2

Either you Can or Can not. If not, tell them. If you have that Special Gift with animals-they may indulge you. So of us have it, some don't. 

who cares.. just say I am not coming back and do not go back.. Nothing says you have to keep WORKING FOR FREE.. OF course some will complain because you were stupid in the first place for doing for free a job which they should PAY SOMEONE to do. TO many places now days want people to work for free... FORGET THAT CRAP... PAY for the workers and stop asking for everything for free..

Since they're not paying you then just quit. Just don't expect them to ever take you back.

• L

Just do NOT go in anymore.  

• PAMELA

No, they cannot make you volunteer, just tell them that because of other commitments you cannot volunteer there anymore.

Wow, 6 whole hours a month? Just quit. I'm sure you won't be missed.

• JimTom

As long as its not in a contract, then you are free to quit. Just give them some warning 

Just stop showing up like a true millenial

• Petter

It's called volunteering for a reason, otherwise it would be called mandatooring. Just quite, they might still get a bit upset, but that's their problem. Just explaing your situation and I'm sure they will understand.