promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 3 months ago

When is the best time to release a hamster into the wild?

I have two hamsters. They’re called Drew Murty and Mr MacWee. I’ve noticed that they don’t seem to like each other. It’s a shame but I don’t think they can cohabit any longer. I’m going to release Mr MacWee into the wild. 

When is the best time to do this? I’m thinking as hamsters are nocturnal then early evening, just as the son has set would be best. 

Should I just release him in my back garden, or will he come back in the house if I do this? Would I be better to drive him into the countryside before releasing him?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favourite answer

You will have to buy a coat for your hamster before you release him.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

never, itll be snatched up faster than the shelf of hand sanitizer in these days!

• 3 months ago

It is NEVER a good idea to release domesticated animals into the wild; unless of course you’re planning on living with it in the wild. Schools, pet shops, neighbors. Critical thinking is a good idea. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

you sound like a troll I believe. but if not u can't release a pet into the wild. it would die of starvation and attack from other creatures. Give them to a pet shop for free to sell. Also put up an ad in a free website as a freebie.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

They should not be released to the wild. No pet should be.

They will either end up as food for a predator or survive to become a pest.

Take responsibility for your pet and either rehome it or have it humaneky euthanized.

• 3 months ago

Why don't you just feed it to a snake? The chances are good that something like that will happen anyway. That's if we're lucky. If we are unlucky, you have a neighbor as unthinking as you are releasing a hamster of the opposite sex and we will have a new pest species. At least we will know who to blame.

• 3 months ago

You need to be more kind to your pretend hamsters, turtles, and basset hounds, or I will release you into deep space.

• 3 months ago

NO. Do not release your pet hamster into the wild. It depends on a series of factors like the area you live in, predators, how easily the hammy can find its food, if it will survive the winter or a storm, and so on.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.