why does Google maps blur people's faces and licenses plates?

No one has privacy out in public and for license plates that's public information. I have contacted Google regarding this many times with no response. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

wtfffffffffffffffffff

• 4 months ago

There is what the law requires, and what the company decides to do.  There's nothing illegal about censoring personal information from pictures that are posted.  At the company I worked at, we needed model releases from anyone in the picture with a recognizable face, even if the picture was taken in public.  Understand also, that Google is a global company, so errs on the side of caution and goodwill.  There might be some local ordinance in some small country or even a town in the US that prohibits widespread distribution of people's images without consent, even if the pictures were taken in public.

"Honey, I just looked at Street View.  Why is your coworker in our car, and why is she wearing a schoolgirl outfit?"

• 4 months ago

Because of privacy. Simple

• 4 months ago

google maps censores things like that for privacy

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Because they do not want to identify people . I am sure they could be sued if they did . On the funny side , my neighbor had a plywood set up at christmas time of Santa and his reindeer , and santa and all of the reindeer had blurred out faces ..LOL..i thought that was funny , cute anyway.  

• Steven
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

This is not a  device to show up license plate etc. It just to know traffic, ways etc. 

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

I had a way of life similar from Buenos Aires than Berlin listening to the radio ladt hits in the 80's I used to do the same Rock & Pop in Berlin also it happened many focuses are been made by a special spy from buenos aires in Berlin all the focuses were similar the Psychic TV we used to have in Berlin came from a bar in Argentina in JUNCAL street I don't know why all these focuses according to visions we had in Berlin probably was the ACV I had in Berlin from the accident I had in Cyprus

• John
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Now YOU are creepy.........

• 5 months ago

I don't wonder about Google not responding to you, mate.  Like me, they MUST think that someone is trying to communicate who hasn't got an ounce of sense.

• 5 months ago

It's a choice they make to protect peoples' privacy.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.