What does this mean?

Today my teacher congradulated me in class announced me as the top scorer in a class test and all the students laughed when she made the announcement.Not one clapped.

So were the mocking me?

The teacher was like the top scorer......is Harry......well done....and i was laughed out of the class that day.

They may have been shocked, maybe jealous... ignore it and keep up the good work because rarely do you end up in ten to twenty years hanging out with your classmates from youth.  And you'll need high grades to get even an entry in any worthwhile trade; university or college.  Finish well.  

• Thanks Roman... for B/A... Keep your eyes on the real goals...((hugs))

They're jealous of you, and mad at you because now the teacher will expect more from them.

• Laurie

They were probably in shock.

*congratulated*

they didn't thought of that though, it came as a surprise. probably you hardly top, so they were confused. if you want them to clap, you need to clap first, so they know you needed them to clap. that's how people receive their claps. because people knows that person wants clap for encouragement.

Looks normal to me. the brightest kids always got picked on. try to not let it bother you.

• Barry

Maybe they are aware of your failings in English Language? Your post reveals.