Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 7 months ago

Do you think the proposed ban on menthol cigarettes is dumb?

I don't smoke. But I still think their reasons for wanting to ban them is stupid. They say the menthol flavor will attract our youth. Sorry but teens who want to smoke don't care about the lack of menthol. They'll smoke whatever they have access to. One of my childhood friends used to smoke sea oats. Those cat tail looking things that grow in the woods. The stems are hollow. He would just break one off and smoke it. Teens are morons. They also claim Menthols target blacks. Well, every person I know who smokes menthols is white. My black friends who smoke usually go for swisher sweets or black n mild cigars. Also they said Menthols are more addictive. Well, Marlboro reds have 11.3 mg nicotine. And Marlboro smooth Menthols only have 1.2 mg of nicotine. So.. It would seem that these politicians are just making up facts to suit their own purposes. This is why this ban is stupid in my opinion. Because nothing about it is factual or makes any since. I'm just curious what other people think. 

Yes, another pointless ban courtesy of the nanny state.

I smoked menthol cigarettes for a while in my late teens but they weren't the cigarettes that started me smoking for over four decades.

• Frank

Blacks everywhere will freak out if they can’t get they Newports.

I do not, anything that prevents people from taking up smoking or encourages people to stop can only be a good thing.