promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how can I setup myprinter that has fax ability using my same phone number?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Dale-E
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You have to have a POT type service line. You simply tap or bridge onto the active line wires with both instruments. Then you set the Fax machine to answer after 3 or more rings, if you intend to receive voice calls from friends or family. But listen, a lot of fax machines even have a special place to plug in an old time telephone instrument.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

You can't if you're asking if your fax can use the same number as your cell phone. The fax needs a landline phone loan in your house. It would have a different number than your cell phone.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Replace your landline phone with the fax, granting the fax machine has a handset or use a splitter to share the landline between handset and fax. No landline? Cellphone? Oh, boy.

• 3 months ago

Read The Owner's Manual.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Please explain more clearly what it is that you want to do.

IF you mean:

- I want to plug my phone and fax machine into the same phone line

then there should be two phone connectors on the fax machine

- technically the connectors are called "RJ11" sockets or "female RJ11 connectors"

one of them should be labeled "line" - that's where the cord from the wall plugs in

one of them should be labeled "phone" - you should connect a phone cord from that socket to your phone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.