how can I setup myprinter that has fax ability using my same phone number?

• Dale-E

You have to have a POT type service line. You simply tap or bridge onto the active line wires with both instruments. Then you set the Fax machine to answer after 3 or more rings, if you intend to receive voice calls from friends or family. But listen, a lot of fax machines even have a special place to plug in an old time telephone instrument.

You can't if you're asking if your fax can use the same number as your cell phone. The fax needs a landline phone loan in your house. It would have a different number than your cell phone.

• keerok

Replace your landline phone with the fax, granting the fax machine has a handset or use a splitter to share the landline between handset and fax. No landline? Cellphone? Oh, boy.

Read The Owner's Manual.

Please explain more clearly what it is that you want to do.

IF you mean:

- I want to plug my phone and fax machine into the same phone line

then there should be two phone connectors on the fax machine

- technically the connectors are called "RJ11" sockets or "female RJ11 connectors"

one of them should be labeled "line" - that's where the cord from the wall plugs in

one of them should be labeled "phone" - you should connect a phone cord from that socket to your phone