promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I’m stuck in theses two?

What periodic element might these two be ?

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

#7 -- mercury.   Freddie Mercury of Queen, the second picture is the mythological god named Mercury.  Mercury comes from the Latin Mercurius.  He originated as Hermes, the messenger of the Gods, according to Greek mythology.  Symbol is Hg.

#8 -- ???  The first picture could be the "sun" or "rays" (radium), but then you have to add an "e" followed by "um" which comes from "ump", a slang term for umpire, but minus the "p".  There is no element name which ends in "-eum." 

Unless that is the moon (Selene) and the element is "selenium"

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

7 .Mercury ; Hg ( Hydrogyrum)

8  Helium  ; He 

• 1 month ago

Both the pictures for #7 indicate "mercury."  Symbol Hg.

The second picture for #8 looks like a baseball umpire (or "ump") signaling someone safe.  Add the letter 'e' to it, and drop the 'p' and you get something that ends with "ium."

Unfortunately, there are more elements that end with "ium" than don't, so we have to guess what the first picture means.

The only thing I can figure that makes any sense at all, is that the other answer is correct, and it means "rayed."  Which gives "rayed+e+um."  Element name Radium.  Symbol Ra.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

first one is obviously mercury, because the man is freddy mercury. The second one is tricky but it's gotta be radium "ray"(its the sun ray) then i'm guessing the second picture means "jump" minus the p, is jum, so ray-e-jum, I think it's not a very good phonetic comparison but thats what I think it is.

• ...Show all comments
    • skeptik
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The second picture for #8 is a baseball player sliding into home plate, being signaled safe by an "Ump."  Minus the "p" that leaves "um."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.