Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 month ago

Is this considered a grand trine in synastry and what does it mean?

So I already have a Venus trine Saturn in my natal chart. My Venus in Gemini trines my Saturn in Aquarius. My person’s Venus is in Libra and has enough orb range to be considered to be a trine with my Venus and Saturn. Does this count as a grand trine? Also what does this mean? When a grand trine involves the planet Venus and Saturn. I know Venus trine Saturn in synastry usually describes stability and long lasting partnerships or relationships. Majority of our synastry aspects are trines and I know too many trines can lead to boredom but I also have hard aspects with my person where my mars tightly squares his Venus, his mars conjucnts my ascendant and his sun squares my asecendant.

• Janet

I suppose you could consider it a Grand Trine. We don't really pay much attention to the major aspect configurations when it comes to synastry.

All these trines are NO indication you two can make the relationship work in the long-haul, nor even that a relationship will start up. There are 3 things you need to consider:

(1) Significant AND lasting relationships tend to occur when one person has their Ascendant or Descendant conjunct the other person's Sun or Moon or Venus or Mars. Without this type of synastry contact between two charts, either there is no significant relationship likely to form between them, or if it does then they are not likely to last for more than a few years.

(3) Astrology is ONLY an influence. Far more important to whether or not a relationship works, is how the couple handles the issues and conflict that inevitably starts up once the "honeymoon phase" has died out.

You need a certain level of emotional maturing to be able to take responsibility for your emotions and to work with them ... rather than blaming your partner for "making" you upset and taking it out on them. They only triggered YOUR emotional patterns, so if we want a relationship to work, we must have enough emotional skill to face and cope with our own reactions.

The other thing we need is to be happy, content, and confident in our ability to be happy and take care of ourselves as a single person. Otherwise we cling too tightly, and get too upset too often and too easily ... because we are afraid to be alone again. And that makes the relationship miserable for both, if it doesn't actually cause a breakup.

And finally, since we will never be happier WITH someone, long-term, than we were before we met them .. once the honeymoon phase has died out, we will go back to being NO happier than before we met them. And the more we hoped that love would fix our unhappiness, the more unhappy we will end up being.

THEREFORE, when you look at the synastry, sure it is nice to see the harmonious aspects. But what will break you up is whether or not the two of you can navigate the stressful aspects .. the synastry squares and oppositions. Even if one of you has your Asc/Desc conjunct the planets first mentioned above, UNLESS both of you are mature enough, the relationship will either become unhappy and stay unhappy once the honeymoon is over ... or it will last maybe as long as 10-15 years ... just long enough for it to change everything you know in your life.

Love only makes us WANT it to work, and love is only 11% of what makes it work. Love is not WHAT makes a relationship work. It is emotional maturity, already being whole and happy.

Why are you asking here in the entertainment section? If you’re serious about astrology, a paid professional must be far superior than any of us. Don’t be cheap on your irrational beliefs and get it wrong for free.

• Janet

Actually, I was a paid professional before I retired.  For over 40 years, and professionally certified by the American Federation of Astrologers (the initials P.M.A.F.A. after an astrologer's name designate that certification ... given by passing an 8-hour proctored exam without reference books)