Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How can I improve myself, and not be so empathetic?

I care too much and I love deeply but not obsessively. When a guy asks me to help him with anything or if he commands me to do something without asking, even if I want to say no, I say yes, I'm going to help you, because if I say no, I'm going to feel guilty about it whether or not he attempts to make me feel guilty and I'm going to start doing what I've been told to do to prevent hurtful, abusive consequences. 

Guilt? it's for criminals, and you're not one. So lose it. There is no reason to feel guilty about saying "no". Saying no is about self-preservation a lot of the time and it's about taking care of ourselves. Yes, once in a while i say "yes" when i mean "no", but it doesn't happen very often. I don't feel badly at all when i say no because i have a llfe, i make plans, sometimes i just don't feel like it. So "no" is my answer.

If someone ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY? Then they are a manipulator. Why are you even involved with someone like that at all. Do yourself a favor and lose that person. Toss them out of your life.

You're not taking very good care of yourself, and in this life? No one is going to take care of you except for YOU

Become a stronger person, and stop tolerating 'hurtful, abusive consequences' from anyone, ever.

See a counsellor and find out why you are so docile. You fear confrontation. Why is that? Something in your childhood?

Your a real version of a submissive slave in Master/slave Relationships Submission and Slavery. Don’t change yourself instead you should sign a bdsm master/slave contract

• By remembering that you don't HAVE to always help someone out. Sure, doing so is a nice sentiment and stuff...but if you don't want to, there's no hurt in telling someone "NO".