promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Article-"San Fran’s plastic-bag ban caused greenhouse emissions from grocery bags to rise by at least 9%." Are alarmists proud of themselves?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a familiar story.  The so called solutions being pushed by the climate alarmists end up being worse than the problem.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

So the restrictions on HDPE plastic shopping bags led to increased use of paper bags and increased purchased of plastic bags.

Good job, progs!

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"The recycling movement had a superficial logic, at least at the outset. Municipal officials expected to save money by recycling trash instead of burying or burning it. Now that recycling has turned out to be ruinously expensive while achieving little or no environmental benefit, some local officials—the pragmatic ones, anyway—are once again sending trash straight to landfills and incinerators."

Recycling is often more about virtue signalling than anything else.  The left needs to have its rabid base given things to mobilize them and anger them.  Logic and science aren't enough.  These fascists need a cause and plastic bags are just red meat for their idiot base.  Elizabeth once told me that I had to suck it up and deal with the lack of decent straws.  I think I speak for every thinking person when I say that having a decent straw is something that isn't going to destroy the planet.  I toss my straw in the garbage.  If you have ever seen the aftermath of a leftist gathering, you will find that they are the worst about throwing their garbage where it belongs.  

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How is that even POSSIBLE?  That's like saying "I stopped driving a car, and my insurance rates went up".

• Bucs
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

good thing you read the story and the report.  duh

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.