promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can anyone enjoy a classical concert?

Seriously how?It's boring af,it takes forever and i couldnt even sit comfortably because I had to wear a suit and tie.How can someone like that?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because you have to like the music, and you don't have to wear a tie and suit!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

Orchestra and Opera, Nope, Good music and has it's purpose, but not my go to deal. Yes or Emerson Lake and Palmer live is/was insane and they have/had classically educated musicians. Of Course Gustav Holst's "The Planets" is always Amazing and maybe worth a sit in with a suit and tie?

• 3 months ago

Tastes are different, big surprise. I'm sure there are also people who don't like your favorite music.

And stop whining about something so minor as wearing a suit being less comfortable than wearing your favorite hoodie and ripped jeans.I don't think your parents just bought you this suit for this one event, so better get used to it.

• 3 months ago

It just doesn't appeal to you. People are different. Some like dark clothes while others like bright clothes. Some like Thanksgiving day colors. If you do not like it, don't go to one again. Art is subjective. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bee V3
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Big shocker: not everyone shares your opinions

• Mike
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

What kind of concert would you like to go to?  I'll bet I'd hate it.

• 3 months ago

Yes. An orchestra in person can be very powerful. Feeling the vibrations of all those instruments is a rare sensation in a music world full of smaller and smaller bands. The discomfort of wearing a suit and tie is a different issue. I've always just split the difference and worn a sport jacket over casual clothes when attending. I never wear a tie.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

They enjoy it because they like music and enjoy experiencing it being performed live.

It's something that I guess is difficult if all you're used to is hearing (not really listening to) compressed, badly eq'd MP3s (or whatever they're called!) downloaded onto a phone through a cheap set of earbuds.

When I was a young kid I felt the same about having to be dressed up, properly washed and having my hair brushed but no one normally  has to wear a suit and tie to go to a concert.

• Moritz3 months agoReport

I had to-.- And yeah,being dressed up sucks!

• 3 months ago

You know people like you don't know anything about everything. It means you are losing more complaining about it.

• 3 months ago

You enjoy it by paying attention to the music. I'll grant you that there is some classical music that can put you to sleep but I defy you to be bored at (for example) Beethoven's Ninth Symphony done with full chorus. And, FWIW, my preference is generally for the more modern Eastern European composers. [Although, occasionally, I go for baroque]

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.