promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Lilith asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

why does my vagina still smell like fish after bacterial vaginosis treatment?

I didn't have sex during and after, this Saturday will mark 14 days. Can someone please explain why i still smell sorta like fish down there

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

tuna is fine, but sardines arent

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you need to read this, I don't trust antibiotics, they can cause more trouble than they fix, just read then decide ;

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If it's as strong of an odor as it initially was, you will need to try a different anti biotic. If it is much less, a little fishy odor is perfectly normal.  Your Ph balance is mostly to do with that odor, ask your doctor (or maybe even google) how to clean yourself to minimise odor (too much soap is bad) and what foods may upset the balance

• 1 month ago

Use an apple cider vinegar and water douche (about a quart of warmish water and 1/2 cup of the vinegar). This is an odor neutralizer which won't affect your pH or your natural bacteria. The vinegar smell doesn't linger long at all.

It's not recommended to use store bought douches. They are loaded with chemicals, and can do more harm than good. The vinegar is natural.

You can also use this solution to rinse that area after a shower. No need to rinse it off with water, just pat dry.

• k w
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

not bad, and you should read this too ; https://archive.earthclinic.com/cures/bacterial_vaginosis-editors-choice.html

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.