promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 1 month ago

Is the ascendant a better indication of physical appearance versus the sun?

So I’m a Sagittarius rising. I am interested in a guy who has Sagittarius mars conjunct to my ascendant by around 3-4 degree orb. There is another person with a Sagittarius Sun who is also interested in the same guy with the Sagittarius mars and they conjunct by around 2-3 degrees. I am suprised that the mars person picked me the ascendant person as more physically comfortable and did not like the sun person at all. I always thought mars conjunct Sun was a strong indication of physical attraction since mars the planet of lust meets the sun

which is our core ego but the mars person in this case did not appreciate it whenever the Sun person made advances towards him. I know I’m synastry you cannot cherry pick and have to look at other aspect. The only thing that stuck out to me with the Sagittarius Sun person was his Neptune in square with the person’s Venus. I heard this is usually a one sided attraction so maybe this could explain why the mars person did not like the Sagittarius Sun person?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Nothing is a good indicator of physical appearance.

In astrology the Ascendant indicates the "appearance" of your PERSONALITY ... but not your body. So the idea that anything in your natal chart can indicate how you physically look is merely a mis-interpretation of what the Ascendant indicates.

Fyi, in astrology we are our planets, which each of the 10 planets representing a different inner need. And it is our inner needs and our attempt to meet those needs that drive our choices, emotions and behaviors.

The Ascendant is not a planet so it is not our true inner self. It is the Eastern horizon, and the start of our 1st House. Houses indicated areas of life. And the Ascendant/1st House indicates the superficial social mask we put on when we are meeting someone new, or when we are in a social group where we are not yet totally at ease. We hide behind the behaviors represented by our social mask, and that is how people who do not yet know us well will see us.

As for your comments on synastry, astrology is only an influence. But ALL of the synastry aspects work together to make a sort of "stew" .. a mixed influence. Mars conjunct the other person's Ascendant creates strong and lasting passion. Prince Harry and Meghan have this synastry aspect between them. So did my sister and her husband . there was a strong sexual attraction and a lot of emotional passion for the first 10 years .. then he turn violent (also another possibility anytime Mars is present in synastry aspects) and she divorced him.

Neptune square Venus in synastry ...

If they are the same age, the Venus person will also have Venus square Neptune in their own chart. The Venus person will project their own fantasies and ideals onto the other person, and for a few years, this will be a highly romantic and idealistic relationship .. until the Venus person becomes disillusioned. Then they will become bitter and disillusioned and distrust everything the Neptune says or does.

If they are not the same age, then the Venus person will not have their own Neptune square their own Venus. It will be only the OTHER person's Neptune who squares their Venus. In this case the Venus person will never correctly understand the Neptune person. It may be the fault of the Venus person. Or it may be that the Neptune is too vague TOO be understood clearly. OR it may be that the Neptune person is deliberately deceitful.

Regardless of how it is, the relationship becomes bitter and distrustful after a while.

SOMETIME a Venus-square-Neptune synastry aspect means that one person has a crush and the other one is just not interested .. unrequited "love". Which is probably the least-painful outcome for a Venus-sq-Neptune synastry aspect.

There are two things you need to understand about using synastry.

(1) Astrology does not control, so it cannot predict. It indicates only how we are likely to be IF we do not change, grow or transform from the time we are born. Because of this, we cannot predict very well. But since most people do not learn how to deliberately change their subconscious patterns, most people are influenced by their birthchart.

(2) Attraction is controlled by subconscious factors. Patterns we have built in our brain that we are not consciously attending to. So when we encounter someone whose subconscious patterns seem "familiar" to our own patterns, we are attracted to them

Unfortunately, most of the patterns we don't want to be consciously aware of, are patterns of pain and fear. So the more-strongly we are attracted to someone, the more they will end up triggering our own pain and fear. This is why psychologists say that the stronger the chemistry is at first, the worse the relationship will end up being. Good relationship occur only when both are emotionally stable, able to work with their own anger-fear-hurt, already happy and content both with themselves and their life. And when they meet, there is an attraction, but it is not obsessive .. it grows slowly over a couple of years, Love doesn't start to grow until two people have been full-partners living together for at least 2-3 years, and then it takes another 20 years to figure out how to make it work.

So bear these in mind when you look at synastry. All synastry comparisons have some stressful synastry aspects, and love is only 11% of what makes it work. What really makes it work is how well each person can work with their own emotions, so that they stop trying to make the other change and can support, accept and nurture each other ... flaws and all

And, of course that presupposes that neither person is too toxic or screwed up or abusive. You cannot make a relationship work unless there is a certain minimum level of emotional health in both people ... nor should you try.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Mars in 1st house of fire sign Sagittarius is not good for matters related to 4th house(benefits or gains from mother, home), 7th house (marriage) and 8th house(income of spouse, life length, sexual organs) and will also spoil 1st house (brain, overall physical appearance). Sun has no significance to attraction and sun signifies benefits or losses from father, government of the nation and king. Attraction is governed by compatibility between moon signs and compatibility between rising signs.  Malefic like Mars should be in 3rd or 6th or 11th house or is ok to have in 10th house. Jupiter is the best planet to have in first house. Mars enjoys stay in fire signs like Aries, Leo and Sagittarius and rules Aries whereas Leo and Sagittarius are ruled by his friends Sun and jupiter respectively. But mars should not be placed in 1st, 4th, 7th , 8th or 12th houses.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Astrology is magic not nature and no statistics exist for magic.

There are zero physical effects from outside our planet that determines what you look like. Genetics has tons of evidence and is why you look like your parents and not a made up stereotype.

However, if you’re really serious about the Tooth Fairy science, this is the wrong place. We’re in the entertainment section. Any professional astrologer must be better than any of us.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The ascendant represents your body, therefore it represents your physical appearance.  The descriptions are broad, and we have to keep in mind that they were written when people looked lot different.  You cannot produce a photograph with a natal chart.  The ascendant is also affected by planets in tight aspect to it, the ascendant's ruler and some say the terms the ASC (the degree) is in. The Sun may or may not play a role.  It's also posited that the astrological temperament is reflected in the body. This could be why a Leo rising, usually described as stocky, and average height, can be tall and slender like a sanguine temperament.  Physical descriptions can be tricky and it should also be noted they were used to validate the birth time, and not much else.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.