promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

John 10:30) I and my Father are one [ heis] (KJ) Acts 4:32) one heart and soul! Does this mean that Jesus and his Father are just one God?

Acts 4:32 (King James) Moreover, the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and not even one of them would say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.

And (Acts 4:32 American Standard) 32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and soul: and not one of them said that aught of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

(ONE ‘heis) Same as John 10:30 where Jesus said he and his Father are one! In Acts it says the multitude of them that believed were of (one)

Verse 32 ends with hapas koinos means that they had all things in common! So what is it, does John 10:30 say that Jesus and his Father are the same person or that that are in union with one another!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You have the word apple, you have the   knowledge of the apple, you have the apple. Word is without beginning or end, always first and last . The knowledge of the word is  the wisdom of that apple. The word made apple is the solid of the word the apple itself. God is all of it for God is word, but every part is different . Word first always next knowledge next creation word made flesh fathered with the word and knowledge. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Jesus prayed that his followers might be one in the same way that he is one with God. They didn't merge into one being, so the oneness between God and Christ is not identity (being the same thing).

The New Testament makes three foundational claims about Jesus Christ:

1. He is Jehovah incarnate, but not the God he worships and prays to.

2. He is the creation of God.

3. He is the begotten son of God.

• lillie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

That text, at John 10:30, is often cited to support the Trinity, even though no third person is mentioned there. But Jesus himself showed what he meant by his being “one” with the Father. At John 17:21, 22, he prayed to God that his disciples “may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, . . . that they may be one just as we are one.” Was Jesus praying that all his disciples would become a single entity? No, obviously Jesus was praying that they would be united in thought and purpose, as he and God were.—See also 1 Corinthians 1:10.

At 1 Corinthians 3:6, 8, Paul says: “I planted, Apollos watered . . . He that plants and he that waters are one.” Paul did not mean that he and Apollos were two persons in one; he meant that they were unified in purpose. The Greek word that Paul used here for “one” (hen) is neuter, literally “one (thing),” indicating oneness in cooperation. It is the same word that Jesus used at John 10:30 to describe his relationship with his Father. It is also the same word that Jesus used at John 17:21, 22. So when he used the word “one” (hen) in these cases, he was talking about unity of thought and purpose.

An emergency situation arose following Pentecost 33 C.E. when Jews from distant places who had recently been converted to Christianity remained in Jerusalem to take in further spiritual enlightenment. They needed temporary housing and feeding; hence, local Christians conducted a voluntary sale of property and a common sharing of the proceeds to provide for an extended period of fellowship. (Acts 2:1, 38-47; 4:32-37) No one was forced to sell or donate. (Acts 5:1-4) This holding of things in common was not communism, as some suppose. It was merely a temporary arrangement. When the Christians went back to their own homes, it ceased.

Source(s): New World Translation Bible Watchtower Magazine
  • Doug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Trinity dogma explains that the one God consists of three divine and distinct, rational persons; The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; All of the same eternal, all powerful, godly "stuff"; Perfectly united in divine charity.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Does anyone actually think that Jesus and the Father are the same person?

Most Christians believe they are separate persons of the same godhead - that the Father, Son (Word) and Holy Spirit are separate persons with different roles (with a hierarchy), but the three are in complete union, and are one God, YHWH.

• BJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Consider what John writes in chapter 1, verse 18: No man has seen (Almighty) God at any time.

However, humans have seen Jesus, the Son, for John says: The Word (Jesus) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory. John 1:14, KJ

How, then, could the Son be part of Almighty God? John also states that the Word was with God.

But how can an individual be with someone and at the same time be that person?

Moreover, as recorded at John 17:3, Jesus makes a clear distinction between himself and his heavenly Father. He calls his Father the only true God.

And toward the end of his Gospel, John sums up matters by saying: These have been written down that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God. John 20:31

Notice that Jesus is called, not God, but the Son of God.

• 1 month ago

If you read John 10:31-33 

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Clearly the Jews understood Jesus was declaring Himself to be God.

• ...Show all comments
    • Wayne2 weeks agoReport

Hebrews 1:9 says Jesus has a God, 1 Corinthians 11:3 shows God is Jesus' head and John 10:36 Jesus himself says he said he was the Son of God. You believe the same thing the Jews did, that Jews is God, you ignore that Jesus clarified as to who he really is!

• 1 month ago

We were created in the image of God. Angels, fallen or not, were NOT created in the image of God.

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Psa 82:6-7 I said, “You are Elohim, sons of the Most High, all of you; nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.”

We have a body of flesh, a spirit given to us by God, and a soul which is the person we are. Our flesh is not our spirit, our spirit is not our soul, and our soul is not our flesh. Yet we are ONE person.

So too, God the Father is not God the Son, God the Son is not God the Holy Spirit, and God the Holy Spirit is not God the Father. Yet He is ONE God.

The problem we encounter is when we try to wrap our finite minds around an infinite God we fail because we simply cannot fully comprehend Him.

• Wayne2 weeks agoReport

At Col 1:15 we see Jesus himself was created in God's image (KJ) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

• 1 month ago

It's the starting point in understanding God. God is One. If you have people trying to talk to you about the trinity, you can always reference back to God is One. Some people go along with the traditional trinity answer to that, because Jesus is talking about the Father being in a different place while he is on earth. So how is that possible? Is God multitasking? I think that is the answer. Something we wouldn't really understand as a society until computer were invented. We are multitasking too, only God can do it better.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 1 month ago

Then who was Jesus praying to in John 17? And to whom was He referring when He said "My Father"? And then how do you explain 2 Cor. 13:14?

• Wayne2 weeks agoReport

1 Corinthians 11:3; Heb 1:9 and Whose voice was it that said at Jesus' baptism, this is my Son whom I have approved! Jesus never claimed to be God, his claim was that he was the Son of God! (John 10:36)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.