Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Exercising and look fatter?

I'm a female.. doing HIIT workouts. I've only been doing this for 2 weeks.

I eat 3 baked russet potatoes, a can of beans, a good amount of broccoli, and one onion every day. I drink black coffee and tea. I include a tablespoon of olive oil.

I read that carbs are needed to build muscle.. it's not just protein.

Anyway, I measured myself and I went up a full inch on my waist and another inch on my hips. I do notice slight lines below the sides of my ribs. I still have a lot of fat on my belly, thighs, and butt.

Why did my measurements go up? I am not eating over 1500 calories. I am under 5'0. What's going on?

probably developing muscle. 2 weeks is also not very much time, keep tracking it over a longer timespan

• .

Sounds like you're trolling as anyone who has done any research on proper nutrition wouldn't think 3 potatoes and a can of beans daily was part of a healthy diet. Carbs are needed by the body for many processes, but claiming to live off of what you posted would be foolish indeed. A well balanced diet is key.  I definitely see why you posted Anon. I'd be embarrassed to claim I didn't know better too. 

What you read about carbs and muscle mass is dead wrong. Three baked potatoes and beans is a huge carb overload, so it's a miracle you're not gaining 5 ponds a week.

Weight loss is 80% about what you're eating, 20% about exercise. Exercise is great for building muscle mass, and to keep our bodies strong.

Try the ketogenic diet.

The potatoes don't agree with you. Cut those out.