promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are so many people on Y!A unable to tell the difference between: Than and then, Loose and lose There, their and they're To and too?

Update:

Your and you're

Does and dose

Were and where

Its and it's etc etc?

If anyone dares to point it out they are insulted and labelled a Nazi .

Update 2:

This question refers to native English speakers, not learners of the language.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Amounts to laziness.  It's whatever the first word auto-fill picks out and not taking time to proofread before submitting.

• 1 month ago

Cos We were daft. We came here looking for intelligent people and really most of them are not. I don't know how to use it yet or what its called. I think its something like Aquora? but the intelligent people help and post on there. Google it yahoo Answers gets bad reviews. Not much intelligence on here just sad bitter trolls with no life and no hobbies and jealousy so they have nothing better to do than troll others cos they are so bitter and twisted they want people as miserable as them. Suicide rates are rising. They have no hope they will just kill themselves. 

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

True

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is not just an American website there are people here from all over the globe, for many English is not their first language.

The Nazis would also point out your use of etc. without a dot!

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A question mark does the same job as a full-stop. If you read my question you'd know that it's not aimed at learners, only people whose first language is English.

• 1 month ago

No, idea, but it shows their lack of education.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That usually applies to Trump supporters, and well, given their low level of education,

something they seem to take pride in, shouldn't surprise anyone. It's alarming though.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Brake and break crops up all the time in Cars.

Unique badly abused about baby names in Pregnancy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If someone uses the wrong word, most people have the intelligence to interpret what they do actually mean, and it's not that important because it is just a website. It doesn't MATTER. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

forgotten what you learnt at school

• 1 month ago

Easy answer....they didn't pay attention in English class.

• 1 month ago

English is not my main language , I dont bother me to be corrected because I know that my knowledge in English is very basic.

I've seen that British English is more formal with respect to grammar, English in the USA is more informal and some words are abbreviated, I guess ....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.