Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why are men expected to provide for women?

There are valid historic reasons, but these reasons are no longer relevant.  Today, men being expected to provide for women is simply the nature of living in a gynocentric society.   

Men are not expected to provide for women

It's an old fashioned tradition and nowadays only applies to parents.  If the mother decides to stay home to care for their offspring, she'll need her husband to have an income, vice versa for those that live as a 'role reversal' couple.

• Now this is an actual answer.

its there job in life if you love them and there place is in the home

cooking and cleaning and helping her man by being home and being there

and in need , a womans place is just to say yes and do his every need

and dont say no to him he has the right to kick you out ]and you get nothing

• Green Brick

In the 1950's perhaps, thankfully most of us, can combine work and home life!

Though expected I find most older generation teach that. I believe loved ones should provide for loved ones. I am a male and I provide what I can for my girlfriend and she does the same to me. I believe people should be able to provide for themselves if need be. Providing for someone else should be a personal case by case.

Mysandrism pure and simple

Because women can't do anything for themselves.

• it's sexist oppression

Because women were expected to raise their children and make food and crafts. This was done from prehistoric times until World War Two, when we ran out of men to run the factories.

• Bill

Actually women were working before WWII. The focus didn't even really change after WWII as women returned back home after the war was over. It wasn't until the 1960's did things start to change. 

• not  in  today's  world … women  want  "equal  rights" … that  means  they  provide  for  themselves.