promotion image of download ymail app

Chemical burn or allergic reaction?

Hands have been flaring up with bumps that appear as hives and they itch really bad but when I itch them it start to create puss and next thing I know I have puss bubbles in patches all over the top of my hands that burn and are sore. I use Multi-Purpose cleaner Great Value brand from Walmart and someone told me it looks like a chemical burn? The doctors said to use steroid cream and I did but it didn’t help, I even switched to vinyl gloves rather than latex and I wear gloves constantly when touching chemicals. It’s pretty painful.

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Thats allergic reaction. Take a bath with warm water, before it spreads, and then drink a lot of water, like 1-2 litres. 

    Bathing will help remove whatever is causing the allergy, 

    drinking water will help your body to hydrate your infected skin.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Looks like my hands, can't tell you what exactly it is though. I figure it is a reaction from years of exposure to different chemicals. I will get it now after doing any sort of big cleaning project and from a verity  of products. Including Clorox wipes if I use a lot of them in a day. Cleaning products are not the only thing that will trigger what looks exactly like your hands either. Sawdust, wood, when building projects now the same reaction happens. Gardening can also do it especially pumpkin plants and picking from my raspberry patch. Drywall and or cement work will also trigger it.

    Basically, I do much of anything without gloves,I can expect that reaction to follow.

    • Anonymous1 month agoReport

      Thank you for the help!

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.