Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do Republicans love guns so much? They don’t care about shooting victims?

Most Republicans don't love guns as much as they (and the media) make it out to be, but the Republican base consists of a lot of rural, old white mails who think that owning guns makes them feel macho. So, like politicians of ANY stripe, the pander to the fringes.

• 1 month agoReport

THE NEXT CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK IN SAN FRANCISCO 
      (Google "Danny woo vk" in Bing for book of life, A science book that dont exist in human world)

Well, now that I'm almost 70, my ability to fight is greatly curtailed, so I have begun to carry a gun.

I was at an ATM the other night and a man came a little too close and I reached to just touch my gun, I wasn't going to draw it, just touch it, and the guy moved away very quickly. I almost laughed. I have been told that cops do that exact thing on a daily basis when in plainclothes.

the UK took the Guns now we must live with Knife and machete attacks

Islamic Jihadists will Murder with what is ever available

Republicans and conservatives are not the ones mowing people down day in and day out. 

They are not creating shooting victims. Criminals are. And the prisons are not cull of NRA members now are they. 

More nonsense. Of course they care about the victims, and they don't all love guns. The problem is people like you who would take guns from law-abiding people with the intention of ending gun crime and mass shootings. You'd be handing more power to the criminals among us.

If guns were outlawed, only outlaws would have guns.

• Nuff Sed

@CMoney: So, in effect, you'd be happy to have your entire family or your friends murdered by criminals because you're not allowed to have the same firearms criminals use?

What has the gun ever done? It cannot hurt, fire or kill anyone on it's own. GUNS DON'T KILL ! PEOPLE KILL !

• Nuff Sed

@electropole: Thanks! I can use that one to my list to counter various ridiculous assertions about how dangerous my firearms are.

They love guns because they don't want to become shooting victims.

• Bye

A big notion that thinly covers the insecurities of the conservative community is “badass worship” and a desire to appear tough to oneself and to others, and in their minds wielding a gun is something that makes you appear tough.

Republicans are obsessed with guns. They value them more than safe schools, safe workplaces, etc. They offer up empty “thoughts and prayers” for the victims of gun violence...

• Nuff Sed

If every teacher at Sandy Hook had had proper training and firearms, they could have stopped the carnage. The fact that they didn't is evidence of gross negligence.