Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Why aren’t you a doctor?

Doctors make amazing money. And clearly they are only doctors for the money... otherwise we would socialize healthcare by now... so why aren’t you a doctor?

Do you not want good money? 

umm I guess I would be a bad doctor. I'm just not enough smart for that stuff. and where I live doctors starve to death like teachers because they don't make good money...that's why I'm gonna be a programmer

In the US the AMA has consistently lobbied for smaller class sizes in medical schools to maintain the "prestige" of the profession. Not that I was ever doctor material myself... But I know people who had to wait years to get into med school because of this. The US has a severe shortage of primary care physicians and until it addresses that it would be pointless to have "Medicare for all" because there just aren't enough doctors to make that happen (without very long waiting lists just to get in to see a doctor).

That profession is not in my skill set. Luckily, I have a great income, and my nephew is a doctor. 

If I were a doctor, I would declare you mentally deficient and have you committed to an institution for the criminally insane. 

• Shadow

Some people such as myself don't have what it takes to be a doctor. I can't stand the sight of blood and needles. Plus you need a high education to be a doctor and anyone with a learning difficulty or disability might not able for college as there is a lot to learn in order to be a doctor. Anyway, people in general have different abilities in which they are capable at certain jobs. If you think anyone can be a doctor, you would be thinking wrong.

I prefer my current job, thank you.

Not as much as industrial plumbing