Liv asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Could I be pregnant?

My period is currently 2 days late (expected on the 23rd, officially late on the 26th), I’m 18 and my boyfriend and I only ever have protected sex. We had sex on the 6th, which was the first time after my last period, it is now the 27th. 

Every time we had sex we used a condom, he also checked it afterwards to make sure it hadn’t broken and it hadn’t. I know 2 days isn’t a long time for it to be delayed, but i’m very worried. I’ve been getting the symptoms of a period (cramps, backache, being very emotional, headaches) but no period has come. The closest i’ve gotten is discharge which could be linked to a yeast infection. 

I had a stressful week last week and I was sick with tonsillitis earlier this month. Should I be worried? Am I pregnant? All help is appreciated. 

Have you had sex?  Then it's a possibility.

It is very unlikely that you are pregnant if you used protection.  Condoms are very effective if they don't break. Stress illness/infection, and some medications, can definitely throw off your cycle. I'd suggest you relax and wait another week.  If your period hasn't come by the middle of next week, take a home pregnancy test. Worrying isn't going to change what's already happened (or hasn't), so no need to freak out.  

If you do take a test and it is negative, wait a couple more days and take another one  and speak with a doctor.  If the test is positive, you and your boyfriend have some serious decisions to make.  

What was the test result when you peed on it? 

Condoms are not 100% effective so yes you could be.  Wait another few days and then take a home pregnancy test.

It's unlikely, but possible.

Take a test.